There are no current job openings at this time.
New Media & Advocacy Intern (Fall 2014)
Employer: Global Financial Integrity
Location: Washington, D.C.
Application Deadline: August 15, 2014
Internship Tenure: Fall Term 2014 (August to December; start and end dates are flexible)
About Global Financial Integrity
Global Financial Integrity is a Washington-based research and advocacy organization that analyzes and works to curtail illicit financial flows resulting from crime, corruption, and tax evasion. According to GFI’s groundbreaking research, nearly one trillion dollars leaves developing countries every year due to crime, corruption, and tax evasion. GFI promotes national and multilateral policies aimed at curtailing these flows, thereby enhancing global development and security.
About the Internship
The unpaid fall Intern will work with the communications team in our Washington D.C. office to assist in promoting GFI’s message and research in the media and online. The communications team routinely fields and responds to press inquiries from the biggest news outlets around the world—including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, the Financial Times, The Economist, The New Yorker, The Guardian, BBC News, CNN, NBC, ABC, Reuters, and Bloomberg News, among others. The New Media and Advocacy Intern will have the opportunity to work closely with and learn from some of the top communicators in the field. He/she must demonstrate initiative, solid writing and organizational skills, and have an interest in anti-corruption or development issues. A political mindset and/or graphic design skills would be particularly helpful.
- Managing daily news digest: compiling relevant current news pertaining to GFI issues and distributing to supporters;
- Conducting research and compiling statistics for editorial and web materials;
- Assisting with the organization’s viral media and social networking operations;
- Contributing to organizational blog; and
- Fact checking media materials; occasionally drafting and laying out statements, op-eds, press releases, and website content.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Familiarity with Google News;
- Strong writing and web-based research skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Interest in international policy and global finance issues; and
- Non-English language skills are preferred (especially French and/or Spanish) but not required.
Must have at least one of the following:
- Previous communications experience and/or experience working with media;
- Experience writing blog pieces, or coordinating a blog with multiple contributors;
- Experience with social-networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, preferably experience managing an organization’s page;
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter by email to officemanager@gfintegrity.
Timeline: We will be accepting applications through August 15th and interviewing on a rolling basis.
No recruiters please.
No phone calls please.
Finalists will be contacted.
Employer: Global Financial Integrity
1100 17th St., NW
Washington, DC 20036
Recruiter: Russell Bennett
Bookkeeper & Office Manager
Phone: +1 202.293.0740
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at GFI will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Global Financial Integrity (GFI) is an equal opportunity employer. It is GFI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for professional advancement without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, or disability.